Random acts of violets

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

cold calling

Just received one of my regular, at least twice-a-week phone invitations to pay more for my phone service than I currently do. Such fun, especially when one almost kills oneself running down the stairs in socks first.

I do try and stay polite with cold calling as it's a shite job and one that I would hate to do, but at the moment all I can visualise is exacting terrible vengence and obscene violence on the f*%$ing chav who's just hassled me.

Getting these calls regularly, I do try and cut people off before they get too far, and then ask to be removed from their list so that I don't get called again. Tried this this evening to be told
"Oh, sorry mate, I'm quite busy nah and don't fink I've got time to do that". On asking to speak to his manager/supervisor, apparently they are too busy to speak to me either.



AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Something I have pondered a lot is: who, when receiving one of these delightful calls at home, ever says "Ah, thank god you called, I was just fretting about my phone service/kitchen/guttering". Somebody out there must be otherwise they wouldn't keep bloody calling.

Add to this the fact that I am still trying to air out the kitchen to remove all remnants of last night's failed attempt at making a kedgeree and it doesn't equal a whole load of happy. I would try to visualise fluffy kittens, or something, but they would probably end up crapping on my gravel as most of the neighbourhood cats seem to.

Time for a chant I think.

2 Comments:

  • There's a service you can sign up for which I think removes all that nastiness. Remind me when i see you next.

    By Blogger James Henry, at 10:05 am  

  • you can register with the TPS (telephone preference system or service or something), which is supposed to prevent all sales calls. although I'm not sure if it affects ones from overseas, so you might still got calls from Bombay...(or those automated American ones)
    ...
    crap, I can't find the link. I have however just found the site for Toledo Public Schools, which has got to be useful
    ...
    aha! http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

    By Blogger Izzy, at 5:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home