Random acts of violets

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Ranting against the media

3 guesses what this is about.

Nope. Wrong.

It's about the bally media.
I watched the Jeremy Paxman interview with Charles Kennedy last night and found myself shouting very loud swearwords at the telly. Yeesh. I'll have to start buying the Daily Mail soon.



Why are interviews so combatorial these days? Presenters all seem so desperate to be seen as a 'hard interviewer' asking the 'hard questions' that they end up attacking people for no real reason. Jeremy had it in his head last night that the Lib Dems are being inconsistent with their manifesto and no amount of answers that dismissed this would sway him from his course.

It's not just him, though. Kirsty whatsit from Newsnight seems to follow suit, and Jeremy Vine on radio 2 is equally a nightmare. They should be there, in my opinion, to make sure that politicians don't just talk a load of bollocks and actually give good answers. Most people I've heard lately have come out with so much guff as they desperately try to answer the same question 8 or 9 times that I end up having no real idea what they are talking about, but pretty much convinced that smacking Mr Paxman really quite hard on the clipboard would be a very good idea indeed.

And don't get me started on news coverage.

No really, don't.
I think it's best that I go and have a cup of mint tea instead.

2 Comments:

  • I think Charles held his own (leave it) very well, though, don't you?

    Just answer the question!

    By Blogger Fizzy good, at 2:00 pm  

  • Yes, cynicism is the enemy of democracy, because it basically says 'they're all as bad as one another'. Hence people don't see the point of voting. Politicians may all be 'bad' but there are significant and important differences.

    Now scepticism, that's another matter completely.....

    By Blogger cello, at 2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home