Random acts of violets

Sunday, November 13, 2005

hat trick

and to really go nuts with posts this evening:

Recently bought a paperback version of eats, shoots and leaves by Lynne Truss.
I read this when it first came out many moons ago, but it was good to get it from Tesco for only 3.73.

What this has mean't, though, is that I am starting to use lots more punctuation than usual; in fact the most common over-use of punctuation now seems to be the semi-colon.

Lynne Truss was going on about no-one knowing about any of the punctuation marks; I think being slightly anal but also a programmer means that I'm more familiar than some with the various marks (given that they are used all through-out coding).
I do often have to explain to people when teaching them web-design exactly what is a colon, semi-colon and hyphen.

2 Comments:

  • Is the apostrophe in the word meant put there in an ironic way?

    By Blogger Dave, at 9:25 am  

  • Sadly no.

    It seems to be something I keep doing (Izzy picked me up on it earlier). Not even aware of doing it.

    I'm hoping it's just something like my inability to type traffic without first typing traffix and then having to go back and change it.

    By Blogger Matt, at 3:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home