Random acts of violets

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Is that a euphemism in your pocket...

There is a certain way of saying 'lady' that always sounds dodgy to me. I guess it comes from phrases like 'lady garden'.
I now find it amusing to hear someone talk about the 'lady mayor'; and in ye olde hollande barrette this morning I saw a sign for an entire aisle dedicated to 'lady care'.

I'm sure there are other examples but I can't think of any at the moment (which really makes it worthwhile breaking 6 weeks of blog silence!)

3 Comments:

  • The ladies cage?

    By Blogger searleyeditor, at 4:30 pm  

  • I always shudder slightly when I see the supermarket aisle labelled "feminine hygiene". So females are generally unhygienic?!

    By Blogger Sophie, at 5:17 pm  

  • I like Gary Barlow singing "Oh Girl! Oh Lady!" at the end of various Take That songs.

    By Blogger Sinister Sponge, at 1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home