Random acts of violets

Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh tits.

As a nearly final part of getting my house sorted out, I had the gas engineer round today to service the boiler and the gas hob.
Gas hob now sorted, and the wok burner is back to full smelting power.

Not so great with the boiler. After a few "would you look at that" style chuckles, and the odd quizzical humph, the engineer has now deemed the boiler "immediately dangerous" and has disconnected it. He seemed genuinely amazed that the boiler hasn't already killed me at some point during the last five years of living here. So that's good.

He said that he would advise me to disconnect the boiler, then added that if I refused, he'd call the gas board to come and rip my gas out. So I thought about it and said yes.

As this has brilliantly occurred on a Friday, looks like Monday or Tuesday before they can get here with a new one.


To add to annoyances for today, my next door neighbour's smoke alarm has been sounding its "no battery" alarm with a continual high-pitched beeping since 2am.


Most of this weekend will be spent, I forsee, huddled around the wok burner.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home